July 30, 2007

Free range posts results

Free range chickens, HondurasFree range chickens

Not bad free range results for my first try. Not that I can take credit − it just shows the quality and varied interests of my wonderful readers. Maybe I'll try this again sometime. I was thinking it might be a good way for those who are thinking about blogging to "get their feet wet."

Here are some of the internet tips, jokes, and shameless self-promotion left by readers. It's shameless because when you have an invitation to promote yourself, there is no need to be ashamed!



Ruthy said...

If you like to listen to music online and don't necessarily want to download it... there is a really cool website it is SeeqPod. It has a player built in so you don't have to download anything in your computer and you can listen to music at work !!

Great idea


ppabblo said...

if you want to see some others people secrets this is a great place... Post secret.com ,,,remember: i'm a pal from la ceiba.

Interesting!


Gordo said...

Ok, check out actor Jeff Bridges' website. Some pretty unique stuff, done in an imaginative format.

I don't have much time for fun internet stuff and I never visit celebrity sites, BUT, wow! I was fascinated with Jeff Bridges site. Thanks for the link, Gordo.


Letitia said...

I just got back from Morocco and am 2/3 finished with my blog, but you can read what I have so far!
Adventures in Morocco


Nice blog, Letitia. Very well done and the photos are excellent. I enjoyed *my* trip to Morocco!


Jen said...

Want to waste some time doing silly quizzes?

Living Dominica

I wasted some time. :-) The language test was interesting. Having spent most of my life in Texas, I found that my answers were frequently popping up as being common from the Great Lakes area, where I grew up. And here I thought I was fooling ya'll.


Aaron Ortiz said...

Found this off the net, some apply only to Mexicans, but most are for Hondurans as well:

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A LATINO IF...
  • You have ever been spanked with chanclas.
  • You have later been spanked with the plancha chord.
  • You know your mom is sneaking up on you because you can hear her chanclas on the linoleum floor.
  • Your mother yells at the top of her lungs to call you to dinner and you only live in a one bedroom apartment.
  • You can get to your house blindfolded by the smell of the chuletas.
  • You light a candle the night of the Lotto drawing.
  • You get scared whenever someone mentions "el cucuuuuiii".
  • You gone to the Pulga every weekend for years. Two points if you actually enjoy it!)
  • You have gone to Tia's house and passed through the beaded curtain in the living room.
  • You step into a house that has all those little figurines taking up every inch of space on/under the TV and you have a porcelain cat, dog, Buddha or elephant in your living room.
  • You have plastic slipcovers on your sofas.
  • You swear "Choco Mil" is the same as Slim Fast and try to lose weight by drinking it.
  • You have a perpetually drunk uncle
  • You know at least one person in your family named Maria, Carlos, Papo, Juan, Jose, Tony, Tito or Luis.
  • You not only know who Don Francisco from Sabado Gigante is, but you tell people he's your tio.
  • You have ever had to -beepiar- a friend on their pager.
  • You have told your kid not to walk the floor barefoot or they'll catch a cold.
  • You go to a wedding or Quiencienera, gossip about how bad the comida is, but be the first to take a plato to go.
  • You drink all beer with limon and salt. (Two extra points for a splash of Tapatio)
  • You have a chola in your barrio named "La Flaca: who's bigger than a house.
  • You have a cousin named "Guero" who's darker than night.
  • You know a chola named "La Shy Girl" who is loud and obnoxious.
  • You've tried to bring a mango back to the US from Mexico, and a bonus point if you actually made it all the way home with it.
  • You have sat in a two-passenger car with over seven people in it.
  • You have at least TWO statues of saints in your house (and a bonus point if one of them La Virgen de Guadalupe).
  • You get another's attention by saying "chhh chhh" or "Pssssst."
  • You drive a Cheby- (Chevy), an -Ohsmobeel- (Oldsmobile) or a Bolswahgon (VolksWagon)
  • You call your sneakers -tenis- .
  • Your car has fifteen speakers in it and you fix it every weekend.
  • And last, but not least...Your grandmother thinks she has the miracle cure for everything.
Je, je, je! (translation: ha ha ha!)


Jill said...

From Aaron's post: "And last, but not least...Your grandmother thinks she has the miracle cure for everything."

Oh my god this is so true! Not just miracle cures, but rules of life! Or so my boyfriend says. Anytime he doesn't want to do something, he says it is bad or you shouldn't do it at that time of day because "mi abuelita dice"!

Some of the things I have heard from him:
  • It's bad to take a shower as soon as you wake up.. mi abuelita dice.
  • It's bad to eat cabbage (cooked or raw) for dinner..mi abuelita dice.
  • It's bad to take a shower before you go to bed..mi abuelita dice.
I have a feeling he was too tired to take a shower at the moment when I suggested, and that he didn't want cabbage for dinner. There are plenty more, but I can't remember them all off the top of my head. I keep telling him that when I go to Honduras again I'm going to ask his abuelita if it is really bad! :)

I've heard some pretty interesting things, too. Here, abuelita says drinking cold water will make you sick, and heaven forbid, will probably kill you if drink it while you are already sick!


Patty said...

Pepsi Company has just had to admit that its bottled water, Aquafina, is actually tap water. They defend their position by saying that the tap water has been purified through reverse osmosis, oxygenated and ozonated, but it is still tap water. I wonder where the bottled water in Honduras comes from.

Eeeww, don't want to think about it.


David said...

Free Range Posts or a weekend off? I don't know which is the better idea!

I feel I "owe" you so many comments and I wasn't going to be the one that didn't leave a comment this weekend! Glad to see you're getting a good turn out. Inspired by the free range idea I did a long post that references the comments I failed to leave here.

Hope ya'll had un buen fin de semana!!!

I'm glad you are finally speaking out. I enjoyed the stories.


chris said...

Hi, this isn't about gardening, its about breakfast. I didn't want to spoil your weekend. This is a link to breakfast. Just getting started.

Your post made me hungry. Since you are in Costa Rica, why no tortilla breakfast sandwiches?


There you go! Another link to your blogs for your efforts. Thanks, folks, for taking the time to entertain my readers. You did a great job.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...