May 17, 2009

My favorite plastic bags (so far)

Crocheted pink plastic bag, La Ceiba, HondurasPretty in pink bag

Crocheted pink plastic bag, La Ceiba, HondurasThese photos are of two of my favorite crocheted plastic bag bags. I was trying to arrange a photo a little more artistically than I usually do (by plopping it down in a chair and snapping a photo). In my mucus-induced brain fog, I couldn't decide which photos I liked best, so here are all of them.

pink bags for crochetingThe pink bag supply came all the way from Indiana, USA! Aighmeigh sent them to me. Thank you, Aighmeigh! I'd love to get more of these pale pink bags but since they were a special bag for breast cancer awareness month in October, they probably aren't still available. The purple and hot pink writing on the bag made for nice purple and pink flecks when crocheted.

Crocheted pink plastic bag, La Ceiba, HondurasHonestly, this bag turned out so nicely that I would use it for a purse! I had to make it small because there were only 32 pink bags and the mostly bright colors that I have made the pale pink looked washed out.

I lucked onto TWO of these muted pinkish-purplish and green striped bags that I thought looked great with the pale pink with purple flecks. I was worried the whole time that I wouldn't have enough and would have to rip it out and redesign it, but I ended up with an extra ONE INCH of the trim bag and about a bag and a half of pink left over. Oh, happy day. Sometimes things work out the way you want them to.



Sherbet stripes plastic bag, La Ceiba, HondurasSherbet stripes

Sherbet stripes plastic bag, La Ceiba, HondurasThe striped bag was an effort to use a bunch of very small, very thin, different colored striped bags. I winged it and ripped out and restarted this project so many times. I wasn't entirely happy with the way the bottom row turned out. I crocheted the sides of the bag horizontally and connecting them to the base as I went along was difficult to do neatly.

I figured out a way to make a sturdy round tube handle that I like very much. It has a nice feel in the hand. The bottom of this bag matches the handles. I ran out of the plain white bags and used strips from a different heavier bag for the trim around the top. It actually worked out well since this bag is very soft and supple and the heavier trim helps to hold the shape.

Sherbet stripes plastic bag, La Ceiba, HondurasSince I've been sick for almost 3 weeks :-{ , I've been doing lots of crocheting and have several more bags to show you soon, including the 'manly man' bag I made for my contest winner, Don Ray in Panama.




By the way, I'm on my third round of antibiotics. This one is also used to prevent anthrax, tuberculosis, and the plague! Seriously, Medline says so. So if this one doesn't work, I think I'll just kill myself. I am a mucus factory. If mucus could be sold by the ounce, I'd be a millionaire many times over. In two and a half weeks, I've only been able to sleep through the night one time. Man, did that feel good.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...